camera-eye

The clocks ticks slowly,
I can hear the steady drip of the water in the bathroom.

Your skin and bones are fragile,
I don’t want to touch them,
I don’t want to break you.

There are birds outside the window, chirping gaily,
I can hear the peepal leaves rustle in the gentle wind.

Your breaths are peaceful,
I don’t want to wake you,
I don’t want to break the spell of your dreams.

The t.v. in the room speaks in static,
I can hear a lady singing her little child to sleep.

Your hair fans the pillow, soft and wispy,
I don’t want to change it,
I don’t want to change you.

The phone buzzes in my pocket,
I can hear my fluttering heart and my fast breaths.

Your eyes flutter a little, your finger twitches,
I don’t want to be there when you wake up,
I don’t know if I can move.

The syllable of my name doesn’t form on your tongue,
I cannot hear familiarity in your voice.

You don’t remember me, again.
I don’t want to remind you.
But I will.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...To New Endings..

The Child In You

Shoe Size 12